- This event has passed.
POSTPONED Book Making: 5-Part Series
September 13 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm EDT
During our 5 classes together we will learn all the basic techniques and make at least 5 different books:
Accordion, Pamphlet Stitch , French Link Stitch, Soft-Cover Coptic Stitch, and Hard-Cover Coptic Stitch.
Teens and Adults are welcome.
– This session will run for 5 Tuesdays.
– Please note – these dates are not consecutive.
– Class dates are: July 26, August 23, 30, September 6, 13.
– Classes will be recorded for those who can’t make all 5 classes.
2:00 to 4:00 pm ET (Eastern US Time)
Zoom & In-Person at the Dedham Public Library, 43 Church Street, Dedham MA
Registration is required
– You will receive a Supply List and Zoom Link.
– Registering once will give you access to the entire 5 classes.
– If you are coming In-Person to the Library for these classes, please register, then contact Gianna to reserve a spot.
– We have all the supplies at the library for those joining us in person. – – If you’re joining us on Zoom and live locally, just email Gianna to arrange a pick-up time for supplies.
Gianna can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Paper (to fill your book. Here are some ideas: plain, watercolor, sketch, graph, lined, colored)
– Decorative Papers (optional)
– Cardstock / heavy paper to use for soft covers
– Book Board, heavy cardboard, or covers from discarded hardcover books
– Glue & Glue brush / Glue Stick
– 2 Large Bulldog Clips or Elastics
– Bone folder or spoon (to help with folding paper)
– Craft Needles ( straight and/or curved)
– Embroidery Thread (optional)
– Waxed Linen Thread or a strong heavy thread (for stitching books)
– Awl or other sturdy, sharp, pointy tool (to poke holes through paper)